CNC Machining Technician – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
Under the supervision of the Precision Machining Supervisor, provide product support in the areas of New Product Launch, Set-up, Programming and technical assistance to internal and external customers. Plan and set up machine tools to fully utilize machine’s capacity and minimize amount of machining and number of set-ups required. This position will support continuous improvement and expansion efforts by providing hands on technical support for projects, by providing trouble shooting assistance concerning manufacturing issues, by assisting in the implementation of solutions and by contributing to solution development through root cause analysis.
- Operate CNBC milling machines 3, 4, and 5 axis as required per manufacturers recommendations as well as follow MMD SOP’s to produce quality parts per customer prints.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs verbally or by documenting in shift to shift transfer books.
- Follow job traveler standard rates and report out using hour by hour board to meet or exceed the production rate and scrap requirements as driven by the ERP system.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements. This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets, tool changes and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Consistently produce accurate records of completed parts including accurate entry of scrap and non-conformances when required into the ERP system and any hard copy requirements. This includes the use of job cards and WIP tags.
- Set up CNBC equipment on all jobs to including high complexity level jobs unaided as required by work instructions and set up sheets. Ability to work with quality and engineering on all NPL and development projects to create a production standard process. Extensive understanding of G and M code and an ability to program manually. A high level of macro program knowledge. Operational knowledge of many types of machines and controls. Ability to trouble shoot machine alarms.
- Assist level 1 & 2 machinists with the set up and trouble shooting of any process specific or machine issues that may arise.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ year of experience.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, twisting, turning, seeing, hearing.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, oil and water in a manufacturing environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.