CNC Machinist II – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
A CNC Machinist 2 is responsible for set up and operation of CNC equipment per work instructions and set up sheets. This position is also responsible for monitoring and adhering to quality standards per the quality manual.
- Operate CNC milling machines 3, 4, and 5 axis as required per manufacturers recommendations as well as follow MMD SOP’s to produce quality parts per customer prints.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs verbally or by documenting in shift to shift transfer books.
- Follow job traveler standard rates and report out using hour by hour board to meet or exceed the production rate and scrap requirements as driven by the ERP system.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements. This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets, tool changes and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Produce accurate records of completed parts including accurate entry of scrap and nonconformance’s when required into the ERP system and any hard copy requirements. This includes the use of job cards and WIP tags.
- Set up CNC equipment on most intermediate complexity level production jobs unaided as required by work instructions and set up sheets. Extensive understanding of G and M code. Some macro program knowledge. Operational knowledge of many types of machines and controls.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 2+ years of CNC machining experience.
- Machine Trades Certificate or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, twisting, turning, seeing, hearing.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, oil and water in a manufacturing environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.