EDM Deburring Operator – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The EDM/Deburring Operator is responsible for setting up and operation of all EDM machines per instructions. This position is also responsible for deburring by removing excess materials or burrs from surfaces such as Metal.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs verbally or by documenting in shift to shift transfer books. Reports machine, material and quality concerns or issues to leads/ Supervisors.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance of wire processing equipment to include cleaning of guides, changing filters, shuttle blocks and other maintenance as assigned.
- Set-up and operate wire EDM equipment per work instructions with minimal supervision in accordance to set-up sheet, blueprints and operation sheets per customer requirements. Follow job traveler standard rates and report out using hour by hour board to meet or exceed the production rate and scrap requirements as driven by the ERP system.
- Use deburring knives and/or other necessary deburring tools under microscope to remove material from piece parts.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements.
This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets and maintain dimensional integrity.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Machine Trades certificate or equivalent work experience.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Able to use measuring instruments such as Vision measurement systems, Micrometer, dial indicators.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Strong computer skills, to include Excel and Word.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Ability to use hand deburring tools and work under a Microscope.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.