Operator I – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Operator is responsible for operating equipment to produce product that meets established quality and efficiency guidelines and customer specifications.
- Read, comprehend, and perform duties as outlined in work instructions.
- Prepare operator tags/pallet tags for completed boxes/pallets and affix as required.
- Keep accurate counts on parts to ensure quantities match the work order for shipment.
- Perform secondary operations such as trimming or clipping on parts as needed.
- Dispose of excess material and runners in appropriate location to avoid contamination.
- Track manufactured and rejected parts on the operator control sheet and return sheet to lead when job/shift is complete.
- Communicate any problems to supervisor.
- Promote and follow required safety initiatives.
- Enter scrap and rejects into MRP system, as applicable.
- Utilize power assisted tools for secondary operations.
- Efficiently operate all department production equipment.
- Limited visual and dimensional documentation.
- Must be punctual and have good attendance.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Able to work in a team-oriented work environment.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Good writing and oral communication skill.
- Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions and direction from supervisors or technical leads.
- Able to use a computer, calculator, read and write in English and do basic arithmetic.
- Able to work safely with sharp tools and objects using tools such as, but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers, grinders, and sanders.
- Ability to work independently.
Work Environment: This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, fumes, oil and water.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift 25 to 55 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and lifting.
- Good manual dexterity and visual ability.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.