Process Development Technician – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Process Development Technician provides product support in the areas of New Product Launch, Set-up, Programming and technical assistance to internal and external customers. Plan and set up machine tools to fully utilize machine’s capacity and minimize amount of machining and number of set-ups required. This position will support continuous improvement and expansion efforts by providing hands on technical support for projects, by providing trouble shooting assistance concerning manufacturing issues, by assisting in the implementation of solutions and by contributing to solution development through root cause analysis.
- Analyze drawings, computer models and design data to correctly calculate part dimensions for machines, tool selection, speeds and feeds and efficient tool path development. From these variables develop CNC programs for machining operations using CAD/CAM software. This includes the design and manufacturing of holding fixtures and devices necessary to allow for quick and efficient component change overs.
- Interact with customers and company staff during product design and production to ensure product meets customer and company design and manufacturability and production goals. Participate in development of work instructions for new or existing processes.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions. This includes evaluation of existing processes and systems to identify opportunities. Once the opportunities are defined execute the improvements for cost savings.
- Operate CNC machines up to 5 axis as required per manufacturers recommendations as well as follow MMD SOP’s to produce quality parts per customer prints.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements. This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets, tool changes and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Degree/Diploma in Machine trades.
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Manufacturing, engineering and product development within injection molding/mold making/assembly.
- Strong computer skills, to include Excel, Word and programming software.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Blue print reading.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.