Process Engineer – 1 st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development and planning for a robust production process. The individual in this position will also perform technician responsibilities for ensuring proper operation of thermoplastics equipment in an efficient and safe manner for maximum production quality.
- Assist project managers with new part development, tooling design and planning for a robust production process.
- Assist with quoting and estimating, as required.
- Participate in customer related meetings to determine efficient and safe production quality.
- Perform daily start-up, shut-down and line clearance of machines and job-related equipment, per work instructions and controlled processes.
- Ensure training is complete in Quality System and properly documented per Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Initiate BOM and ECO changes as required.
- Troubleshoot presses, equipment, molding process, and cycles and document, as required.
- Define necessary changes with Lead, Quality and Engineering to ensure robust processes are developed and maintained.
- Develop and set up new processes on new and developing tooling. Document and run sample jobs, as scheduled.
- Document sample results and develop instructions for NPL and new tooling/processes.
- Advise on improvements needed with processes, partnering with Engineering and Quality for new part development, tooling design, and planning for a robust process.
- Input and utilize data in ERP system for correct operation.
- Lead and promote continuous improvement activities.
- Trade School Certificate or equivalent work experience required.
- Process Technician or Engineering experience required.
- Reading blue prints.
- Manufacturing, engineering and product development within injection molding and or blow molding environment.
- Using measuring instructions such as scales, calipers, dial indicators and applying basic arithmetic in manufacturing environment.
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
- Periodic to continuous standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, twisting, turning, seeing, hearing.
- Ability to withstand exposure to cleanroom manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, oil and water in a manufacturing environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.