Process Technician-Molding – Weekend Nights
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Process Technician is responsible for setup, operation, and process improvement with thermoplastic injection molding, thermoset, and blow molding production machines and equipment. It is the Process Technician’s role to ensure we fulfill high-volume molding with maximum efficiency while never compromising accuracy. We look to the process technician to help discover innovative ways to push the limits of exactness and precision.
- Responsible for gathering needed materials from staging and transporting to workstation.
- Setup of machine including selecting and changing tooling and Entering programming settings.
- Setup auxiliary equipment including pickers, grinders, dryers, mills, etc.
- Create and maintain process documentation.
- Handoff operation work to operator I and operator II.
- Troubleshoot and correct production issues.
- Continually improve existing processes.
- Create engineering change orders for necessary production changes.
- Provide process input and recommendations during new product launches.
- Participate in production leadership meetings.
- Maintain a safety mindset throughout the entire production process.
- Clean and maintain work areas.
- Train other department personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in production machine and equipment setup.
- Preferred experience in production process troubleshooting and process improvement.
- Ability to clearly communicate necessary details verbally and in writing.
- General knowledge of inspection equipment including micrometer, calipers, optical comparators, and other measurement equipment.
- Data entry skill related to SPC and production data.
- Basic PC computer skills.
- Thursday 12:00pm-6:00pm
- Friday-Sunday 6:00am-6:00pm
- Lift up to 30 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, pulling, twisting, turning, seeing, hearing.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, oil and water in an manufacturing environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities MMD will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.