Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
MMD is looking for a Quality Engineer/Metrologist to join our team! This person will be responsible for providing documented statistical and technical direction, as well as support for projects and products to ensure we meet customer requirements.
- Establish, support, and manage quality related aspects of new projects to ensure a strong process qualification that meets requirements (protocols, PPAP, APQP, etc.).
- Perform and document first article inspections, MSA, and capability studies.
- Program inspection equipment (CMM, vision systems, etc.) and set SPC parameters.
- Create Control Plans & Quality Work Instructions.
- Train personnel to inspection related processes as needed.
- Identify and evaluate new inspection equipment requirements.
- General Engineering degree / Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) preferred.
- Lean experience preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience in product (development) qualification activities – APQP, PPAP, IQ, OQ, PQ, FMEA, control plans, DOE, GRR, etc.
- Strong metrology background with 2 years minimum of Vision System & CMM programming required (part print reading skills and GD&T knowledge).
- Inspection fixture design experience.
- Efficient in Microsoft Suite products including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Working within a Quality System experience (i.e. ISO, AS, GMP, etc.).
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
- Sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background check and drug screen required. EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify.