Quality Inspector – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Quality Inspector position is responsible for executing quality plans, sampling plans, and control plans for incoming, in process, and final inspection requirements. Indicate inspection status, maintain product traceability and nonconforming material control, and support other Quality System activities as assigned. When required, the position will initiate material hold, nonconformance investigation, and execute approved material dispositions.
- Identify quality and compliance issues related to product, processes, and records: Escalate issues and identify affected items. Work with Quality Engineering to initiate holds and nonconformance records for the affected product.
- Perform receiving inspection, in-process, and lot acceptance activities as required per the applicable Quality System process.
- Follow dispatch reports or other inspection priority lists to ensure completed inspections are meeting rate and throughput expectations.
- Verify materials, components, and products meet quality specifications both visually and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements.
- Produce accurate records of completed inspections, as well as accurate descriptions of nonconformance issues when required.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the required activities of at least two of the areas: incoming receiving, in process, or lot acceptance.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in quality inspection.
- 2+ years of experience, preferably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of basic Quality Systems (nonconformance, equipment calibration).
- Knowledge and understanding of inspection standards.
- Ability to read, write in English, comprehend and follow work instructions.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to use hand tools.
- Good manual dexterity and visual ability with high attention to detail.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, Kneeling, Bending, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.