Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can to use your skills in a successful and growing company? Do you desire a fast-paced, casual work environment that is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking? If you have a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment, then check out this opportunity!
The Quality Technician is responsible for developing product quality inspection plans and supporting measurement methods for new project validations and product improvement initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program inspection equipment (i.e. CMM, vision system (OGP), etc.)
- Plan and execute Measurement System Analysis (MSA).
- Write Quality Work Instructions.
- Perform and document first article inspections.
- Perform and document capability Studies.
- Execute and document results of qualification activities.
- Participate in process flow, FMEA, and other product development Quality activities.
- Train personnel to newly established inspection processes as needed.
- Assist in resolving Corrective Action (CAPA) and non-conforming product (NCP) issues.
- Work with manufacturing to improve quality.
- Keep work area clean.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years minimum experience in product qualification activities.
- 2 years minimum of Vision System & CMM programming and fixture design (or equivalent experience).
- Strong problem solving experience.
- Strong metrology background.
- Strong part print reading skills and GD&T knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent with MS Office products and computer skills (including file management and organization).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extensive organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize.
- CMM Programming training, experience strongly preferred.
- Vision System Programming training, OGP experience strongly preferred.
- QC Calc Software training.
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI), preferred.
- Metal and Plastics Machining background preferred.
- Plastics molding experience preferred.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, sitting, reaching, bending and walking throughout the day.
This position requires travel between local sites (Rogers and Brooklyn Park MN).
MMD is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans & Disabilities