Senior Staff Accountant – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
We are hiring a Senior Staff Accountant to join our Team! This person will be responsible for complex accounting activities, the resultant managerial reports and financial statements. and providing cross-functional support to various areas within Metro Mold & Design on financial and general business-related topics.
- Preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations for the monthly financial statement close.
- Cost Accounting.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Assist management with annual budgeting process, monthly planning/forecasting, analyzing monthly financials and perform trend analysis.
- Assistance with system enhancement/improvement initiatives, leading to training/teaching of cross-functional areas.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities, making recommendations, and implementing solutions within Accounting Department.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – sometimes on short notice – by the CFO or Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting.
- 3-5 years accounting experience, mix of public and industry preferred.
- Highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Reading Comprehension and Attention to Detail.
- Understand multi-company accounting, including intercompany eliminations.
- Understand balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow relationships and preparation of the same.
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional management to dig into variances and other financial questions.
- Develop a strong understanding of accounting and business strategy as it relates to Metro Mold and other manufacturing entities.
- Ability to learn, apply, and operate within the 80/20 business philosophy.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, Kneeling, Bending, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Up to 10%.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Professional office environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.