Staff Accountant – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements. Responsible for all aspects of accounting in a specific area including monthly journal entries and financial reports.
- AR Duties and Forecasting.
- Invoice customers, cash receipts, work with inside sales for sales order setup, prepare monthly cash
- Receipt forecast and follow up with customer collections, assist with borrowing base preparation and annual collateral exam audits
- Assist Controller with various projects as needed.
- Including weekly payroll processing, assisting with analytical support of monthly financials
- Fixed Asset Reconciliation and documentation.
- Maintaining accurate records of fixed asset accounts and related book/tax depreciation reports for support of audit and tax return preparation, assisting with fixed asset tags
- Month End Close/Annual Financials.
- Ensuring the accuracy of balance sheet and income statement accounts in a timely manner
- Sales Tax Filings / Sales Tax Rebate
- Understand the rules of eligible sales tax for refund, timely and accurate documentation andsubmission of eligible sales tax rebate
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum of three years accounting experience Required.
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking to evaluate options and implement solutions Required.
- Strong computer skills, to include Excel and Word Required.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets.
- Sitting, Standing, Walking, Kneeling, Bending, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.