Swiss Finishing Tumbling Technician – 1st Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The Finishing/Tumbling Technician is responsible for operation of post-machining finishing to manufactured parts by using methods of tumbling, spinning, ultrasonic cleaning and other cleaning methods to remove burrs, rounding edges and removing oils, grease, dirt and other foreign material that may be present on the parts. This positions will also be responsible for final cleaning, using a scale to count parts and final packaging per work instructions and following customer guidelines. This position will also entail the employee to be flexible to move throughout the department to help in other areas as needed.
- Running all Tumbling, Finishing and Cleaning equipment per work instructions.
- Perform any necessary preventative maintenance requirements on all of the finishing equipment.
- Clean and package parts for OSV and/or Final packaging as they are being produced per work instructions.
- Pay close attention to detail and ability to work well with hands on small parts and use a microscope when necessary.
- Help develop and create work instructions for tumbling/ finishing processes on new components, by working with production, project managers, and engineers.
- Ability to move within the department to help in other areas as needed.
- Meet Rate or exceed production rate and scrap expectations as driven by dispatch and ERP.
- Navigate a computer to use deferent software’s that are used within the department and company.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Read and write in English and comprehend work instructions.
- Able to use measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dial indicators.
- Ability to Handle and Lift Tumbling containers weighing up to 60 pounds for long periods of time.
- Periodic to continuous Sitting, Standing, Walking, Kneeling, Bending, Twisting, Reaching, Talking, Seeing, Hearing.
- Good manual dexterity and visual ability.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, fumes, oil and water.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.