Swiss Machinist I – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
A Swiss Machinist 1 is responsible for basic setups and operation of the Swiss machines per work instructions and tool sheets. This position is also responsible for monitoring and adhering to quality standards per the quality manual.
- Operate Swiss machines up to 9 axis as required per manufacturers recommendations as well as follow MMD SOP’s to produce quality parts per customer prints.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs verbally or by documenting in shift to shift transfer books. Reports machine, material and quality concerns or issues to leads/ Supervisors.
- Follow job traveler standard rates and report out using hour by hour board to meet or exceed the production rate and scrap requirements as driven by the ERP system.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements. This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets, tool changes and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Consistently produce accurate records of completed parts including accurate entry of scrap and nonconformances when required into the ERP system and any hard copy requirements. This includes the use of job cards and WIP tags.
- Under close supervision, set up Swiss Machines on basic jobs with some assistance as required by work instructions and set up sheets which are appropriate for this level of machinist. Basic understanding of G and M code, MDI mode and machine operation. This should include an understanding of basic machining practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 6 months of experience, preferrably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
Work Environment Requirements:
- Manufacturing environment, exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, oil, and water.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.