Swiss Machinist I – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
Swiss Machinist 1 is responsible for basic setups and operation of the Swiss machines per work instructions and tool sheets. This position is also responsible for monitoring and adhering to quality standards per the quality manual.
- Follow job traveler standard rates and report out using hour by hour board to meet or exceed the production rate and scrap requirements as driven by the ERP system.
- Consistently produce accurate records of completed parts including accurate entry of scrap and non-conformances when required into the ERP system and any hard copy requirements. This includes the use of job cards and WIP tags.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs verbally or by documenting in shift to shift transfer books.
- Reports machine, material and quality concerns or issues to leads/ Supervisors.
- Operate Swiss machines up to 9 axis as required per manufacturers recommendations as well as follow MMD SOP’s to produce quality parts per customer prints.
- Under close supervision, set up Swiss Machines on basic jobs with some assistance as required by work instructions and set up sheets which are appropriate for this level of machinist.
- Basic understanding of G and M code, MDI mode and machine operation. This should include an understanding of basic machining practices.
- Verify all products meet quality specifications both visually by using a microscope and dimensionally in accordance with specifications or other Quality System requirements.
- This includes the use of vision systems, CMM’s as well as hand tools. Demonstrate the ability to read and understand QC calc/ SPC and use the data to perform offsets, tool changes and maintain dimensional integrity.
- Degree/Diploma Obtained: Certificate – Machine Trades or equivalent work experience, Preferred.
- Degree/Diploma Obtained: High School Diploma/GED – General Studies, Required.
At least 6 months of experience, preferably in a Medical Device or Component manufacturing environment.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
MMD’s Rogers, MN facility is ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR MMD is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire at the Rogers, MN facility.
MMD is EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities MMD will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.