Swiss Machinist II – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity where you can use your expert skills yet constantly learn new things? Do you desire a fast-paced place where you can get ahead on merit rather than seniority? Are you an expert at becoming an expert, and are always looking for new ways to grow? If you have a desire to work in a collaborative and creative environment filled with talented and positive people, then check out this opportunity.
The person is responsible for the set-up and operation of all Swiss equipment, per work instructions with minimal supervision in accordance with set-up sheet, blueprints and operations sheets, per customer requirements.
- Set-up and operate all Swiss equipment.
- Troubles shoot set-ups and programs when necessary and document changes.
- Change tooling and perform offset adjustments to maintain dimensional integrity.
- Maintain machines and deburr parts, as necessary.
- Verify the revision level for current operations, and verify piece count and applicable document of previous operations.
- Use inspection equipment and calibrate, when necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Machine Trades Certificate or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience on CNC Swiss Machines, to include programming, set-up and operating.
- Experience with:
- Microscope and inspection equipment
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Microsoft Office Products, including Word, Excel
- Ability to understand, interpret and perform:
- Shop match
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T)
- Blue prints
- Follow work instructions and complete documentation on time as needed
- Lift 30 pounds.
- Periodic to continuous standing, sitting, walking, kneeling, reaching, twisting and lifting.
- Good manual dexterity and visual ability.
- Exposure to heat, noise, dust, dirt, fumes, oil and water.
MMD offers top wages for experienced candidates. The compensation package will consist of an attractive and competitive market based salary, which will be determined, in part, by the successful candidate’s level of manufacturing experience. Pre-Employment background checks and drug screen required.
We are an EOE/M/F/D/V/E-Verify employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.